What is rehab?
Rehabilitation is the process our physiotherapists will guide you through to recover from any issue from an ankle sprain to shoulder operation. Our physiotherapists use a combination of hands-on therapy and clinical exercise to help achieve goals and reduce pain. We provide a personalised, patient-specific plan for each individual.
What to expect?
An assessment by a trained physiotherapist is the first step in the rehab process. We assess each issue to accurately diagnose an injury or movement issue.
Through the assessment, we can then apply treatment methods that would be most appropriate to the patients’ issues.
Physiotherapy treatment may include:
- Advanced manual therapy:
- Soft tissue massage
- Trigger point release
- Joint mobilisation and manipulation
- Stretching and myofascial release.
- Injury and pathology specific exercise prescription
- Reduction in swelling, pain and inflammation
- Return to work assessment
- Dry needling/acupuncture
- Advice and education
- Ergonomic assessment and advice
- Prescription of aids and supports
- Use of state-of-the-art equipment for strength and movement training including:
- Blood flow restriction
- Reformer Pilates exercise
- Weight training equipment